Melbourne Runners, I NEED YOUR HELP!!
Peter Malliaras and I are doing a study on Achilles tendon pain in recreational male runners, and need to gather 2 sets of runners; Those that have a chronic history of mid-portion Achilles tendon pain, and another group who have never had Achilles tendon pain.
Here’s what we're looking for:
- Aged 18-55 years
- Fluent in both written and spoken English
- Able to provide informed written consent
- Achilles tendon pain on 1 side only (not relevant for the pain-free group)
- More than 12 weeks history (not relevant for the pain-free group)
- History of Achilles surgery or rupture
- Injection for Achilles tendon pain in the last 6 weeks
If you have patients, or know someone who meets the criteria and are willing to participate, the testing will take approx 1 hour.
To compensate people for their time, I will provide participants with a strength and conditioning plan to assist in their running goals (pain-free group) and a rehab plan (Achilles tendon pain group).
If you are able to participate, please contact me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org